|Center for Educational Research|
The Center for Educational Research is subordinate to the Undergraduate School and is responsible for the administration of undergraduate program plans, course development, program construction, rewards for teaching achievements, and teaching research. Its main responsibilities include:
1. Organization of the formulation and revision of undergraduate program plan, program syllabus, and program introduction in the colleges/schools (departments); and administration of the undergraduate program plan and teaching plans of all the specialties.
2. Assistance with the construction of specialties; Organization of application for assessment of the establishment of new specialties.
3. Organization of the application, assessment, inspection and reception of projects on teaching reform and research; organization and recommendation of the application and review of Shanghai municipal projects on teaching reform and research.
4. Organization of the application and assessment of the teaching achievement awards of the University; organization of issuing certificates and awarding prize winners; and organization and recommendation of the application and review of Shanghai municipal and national teaching achievement awards.
5. Organization of the construction of the undergraduate courses of excellence, key courses, and online courses; organization of the application and review of Shanghai municipal and national projects on course and curriculum construction. .
6. Organization of the certification of teaching research papers. 7. Evaluation and review of the application materials of professional titles.8. Organization, review, and prize-awarding of teaching contests for young teachers of the University; organization, recommendation, and review of the application of teaching contests for young teachers at various levels.9. Audit of the teaching qualifications of teachers, organization of training programmes on teaching methods and specialized training for young teachers; review and filing assistance for teaching of teaching assistants for records.
10. Organization of the selection of awards, such as Baosteel and Tongji University Talent Awards.
11. Organization of the data, statistical analysis, and assessment of the basic state of undergraduate teaching.
12. Working as secretary for the Teaching Accident Verification Committee, and Secretary for the Teaching and Academic Affairs Committee; assistance with the organization of teaching regular meetings and joint meetings of other offices.13. Assistance with formulation and amendment of regulations and rules on teaching; assistance with the development of teaching research on education and teaching reforms.